BEST WATERPROOF EYELINERS TO BEAT THE HEAT
I feel like if you’re going to wear eyeliner, then you should go for it and wear waterproof. There is nothing worse than looking at yourself in the mirror after a couple of hours of chasing your kiddos around the park or a full day at the office to see all of your eyeliner down and around your eyes (raccoon eyes), instead of hugging your lashline.
After ten years of doing makeup for brides, it’s essential that I show up on the wedding day fully equipped to beat the tears (and heat!) I’ve tested so many liners over the years, and I’ve rounded up some of my top performing (and favorite) eyeliners to beat the heat for the summer!
I’ve included everything from gel (pot) liners, pencil/ smudge liners and felt tip pen liners.
Hope you enjoy! Xx.
BEST WATERPROOF EYELINERS TO BEAT THE HEAT
- Brush for Gel Eyeliner $17: An angled, firm head that provides a seamless gel liner application.
- Brush for Gel Eyeliner $3: This is a similar brush as above, but for more than half the price.
- MAC Fluidline $18: This gel eyeliner isn’t necessarly categorized as “waterproof,” but let me tell you, after many years, weddings and living in the south, this is the real deal and the only eyeliner that can withstand a bride’s tears on a wedding day. It’s bulletproof, and for years, it’s been my favorite eyeliner. This will stay put all day without transferring. No smudges, no smears, incredible pigment. Stays in place like glue! I use a slanted brush to apply.
- Melt Cosmetics Allday Everyday Eyeliner $17: This is a new one to me, I just gave this a try a month and loving it! A long-wearing, waterproof eye pencil in a range of high-intensity, ultra-pigmented shades. It’s a cream-based pencil, and it glides on effortlessly when applying. No tugging! The tip doesn’t melt or wear down too fast either (which I love) and allows for a beautiful, precise application with time to blend and smudge. Gorgeous application and so gentle on the skin!
- Rimmel Kohl Kajal Waterproof Eye Liner $3: A great dupe at only $3. Fully waterproof, creamy to apply, glides on easy; however, this is a bit harder to smudge if you like more of that blown out, diffused look. A great alternative at such a great price though.
- NARS Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner $26: This is another newbie to my kit over the last couple of months, and it’s another pencil that does not move. It’s long-wearing, easy to apply and goes on smooth without dragging or pulling at the skin. It doesn’t fade and can be used on your skin and in your waterline.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil $22: This is probably one of my very first “waterproof” that I purchased that worked as “waterproof” years ago. It’s cushiony and creamy to apply and probably one of the most natural eyeliners to smudge, blend out for that smoky look. It remains in that soft condition while you work in into the skin for about 30 seconds. There’s no other liner on the market with the colors that Urban Decay 24/7 offers – the array of colors is unreal! Highly recommend!
- NYX Epic Ink Liner $9: This is an excellent, drugstore (more affordable option) to the pen/ marker type of eyeliner. Although, this is a GREAT waterproof, felt tip option, it can be challenging to apply b/c of the tip is a little more flexible, which can make the application a bit harder. Overall it’s a fabulous option if you’re looking for an eyeliner to beat the heat and last all day!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Intense Ink Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner $28: This liner will.not.move! The precise brush tip was created/ cut for the contour to allow for ultimate control and smooth application. Out of all the pens I’ve tried, this one, hands down is the best waterproof formula and easiest to use.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner $22: I’ve been talking about this liner for a couple of years now, and it’s still one of my favorites. It’s a best seller in the beauty world and has won several awards over the years. This is a moisturizing, no tug/ drag eyeliner that has an intense color payoff. It glides on smoothly, and the waterproof formula will not budge or fade throughout the day.
Photos by Breathe J Photography
SHOP THIS POST
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.