It’s about time I shared some of my budget-friendly secret weapons from Walmart! When I do a makeup demo, I always tell my clients that if there’s one area to ‘save’ it’s bronzers, highlighters, and blush colors. Sometimes that’s all you need to change to enhance your makeup look from season to season. When I think of summer, I think dewy, sunkissed, bronzes and rosy shades. With the summer, comes the heat and man if you’re in the south – that’s a lot of shine to combat.
In this post, I’ve listed out some of my favorite items to beat the heat and still look ‘summery.’ You’ll see full coverage, matte foundation that is super long wearing. A poreless primer that preps the skin for a flawless, foundation coverage, keeping everything in place from coffee to cocktails. There are a few of my favorite dupes thrown in the mix as well! You’ll find a great long-wearing eyeliner that glides on effortlessly and can withstand the heat and sweat of the summertime.
There are a lot of goodies in this post!
- Milani Baked Blush $6: Another dupe to MAC Mineral Blush in color “Gentle” that I always rave about. This blush is richly pigmented and highly buildable, the beautiful matte and shimmery shades of Milani Baked Blush are the perfect cheeky pop of color for every skin tone. Sunbaked on Italian terracotta tiles, the warm finish adds a radiance that is the very essence of beauty. Shape, contour and highlight your best features. Color: Dolce Pink.
- Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter $7: This highlighter powder drenches skin in a melted metallic finish. The pearl pigments leave a reflective finish for a luminous glow. I have color, “Molten Gold”
- Milani Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Plumper $7: I’ve posted about these many of times in the past. I love them. I don’t think they perform as a lip plumper; however, I do believe they fill over fine lines on the lips! I LOVE the gloss and colors! I have 3 different; Prismatic Peach, Soft Rose and Blush.
- Milani Eyeshadow Primer $6.39: I won’t apply shadow without a primer and let me tell you, this primer is wonderful! This primer applies nude, but dries invisible. It smooths and intensifies eyeshadow for day to night providing lasting, creaseless, smudge-less eyes!
- E.L.F. Dewy Coconut Refreshing Mist $8: A facial mist that can be used before foundation, after foundation or mid-day for a refresh. It’s infused with Coconut Water, Hyaluronic Acid and Argan Oil hydrates and nourishes your skin, leaving a dewy glow. Coconut Water to help hydrate the skin. Hyaluronic Acid, a humectant to help draw moisture into the skin. Argan Oil to nourish and moisturize the skin.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner $3.97: This is a GREAT waterproof/ sweatproof eyeliner for pool season! Under $4 too! This eyeliner is longwearing and creamy when you apply. I have a hard time with pencil liners when they’re super dry… they drag/ pull across my eye and tale forever to apply. This one glides on beautifully and so smooth.
- Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer $5.94: This is a dupe that is so similar to Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Away Concealer and NARS Radiant Cream Concealer. It’s oil-free, yet creamy finish just like NARS Radiant Cream with a slight hint of radiance. It’s a natural coverage concealer and super lightweight for the summer.
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Highlighter $10.95: This is my favorite from this roundup! I am so in love with this product. First off, it comes in four different shades that vary from rosy-golds to deep bronze. The highlighting formula hydrates and luminizes the skin for a fresh, natural glow. Something we all want during the summer months. The highlighting formula is lightweight and delivers an illuminating color tint for healthy, radiant skin. You can wear alone, mix in your moisturizer or foundation, and sweep over makeup.
- Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Liquid Foundation Makeup $9.98: This foundation was the winner of the Allure Best in Beauty Award 2018, and I think it lives up to the hype. This is for you full coverage girls out there who want/ NEED their foundation to last from coffee to cocktails. The saturated color pigments provide an ultra-transforming effect in this long-lasting foundation. It’s full coverage, long wearing, oil-free, and matte for those long days where you need a product that won’t budge or fade throughout the day. Perfect for gals who want a full coverage foundation with oily skin and combination skin.
- NYX Professional Makeup Ultimate Shadow Palette, Warm Neutrals $12.60: This palette performs so well and very similar to MAC shadows in my opinion. I’m so in love with the colors that make up this palette – so perfect for summer and fall with the gold/ bronzed tones. This palette is packed with 16 high-performance eyeshadows and pressed pigments in a rainbow of tone-inspired shades. Each set features a vivid mix of velvety-rich textures and mesmerizing finishes that range from mattes and satins to shimmers and metallics.
- Neutrogena Glow On Liquid Face Highlighter Supernova $7.37: This is a beautiful liquid highlighter. Made with light-reflecting pearl pigments, the buildable highlighter makeup provides the perfect boost of radiance for a sheer, natral flush of color. The lustrous liquid formula is infused with Vitamin E and can be effortlessly applied to clean skin or layered over makeup, brightening your complexion in an instant.
- Rimmel Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette, Blush $7.73: This gorgeous eyeshadow Palette is a mix of 12 high-shimmer and matte shades, perfect for sculpting, shading and defining. The smooth, blendable formula delivers rich, intense & long-lasting color. This palette is crease-proof, smear-proof & wears all day. I love a bronzed eye in the summer, but I also love a soft, rosy palette too and that’s why I’ve included both.
- E.L.F. Poreless Face Primer $6: I love this primer, and it’s perfect for summertime. We all love that glowy, sunkissed look; however, if I start my day off too dewy, I’ll look like an oily mess by 3 pm. I love this multi-purpose primer that helps prep your skin, so makeup goes on evenly for a long-lasting matte finish. It has a unique formula which helps reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, fine lines, and shine also helps minimize redness and unwanted undertones. It’s a weightless, silky formula for all skin types. It’s infused with Tea Tree, and Vitamins A & E to help keep skin looking youthful.
- Milani Baked Bronzer $7-$10: These baked bronzers are a very close comparison to MAC Mineral Skinfinish bronzer in color “Global Glow”. This is such a close dupe. Milani Baked Bronzer is all about a warm, beautiful glow with a delicate shimmer finish and it can be used on the face and body. Colors:
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara $6.29: Here’s a dupe for all of you Better Than Sex mascara lovers/ users out there. I cannot believe this dupe/ comparison! L’Oreal hit the mark here, and it’s a close match. Voluptuous volume and length and the soft wavy bristle brush hold maximum formula for a dramatic volumizing charge. 200+ bristles catch every lash for a full fringe effect. Available in waterproof too!
Photography by Rachel Wells Photography
SHOP THIS POST
Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand, my style and my family.
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.