It’s been a while since I did a little coffee talk… so here we go! A little coffee talk in collaboration with Nordstrom!
Before we dive in… my favorite red lipsticks, perfect for the fall!
PERFECT FALL RED LIPSTICKS
Charlotte Tilbury | Color: So Marilyn (color I’m wearing in this post)
MAC | Color: Lady Bug
MAC | Color: Shocking Revelation
NARS | Color: Starwoman
Tom Ford | Color: Sonja Sheer
Bobbi Brown | Color: Flame
NARS | Color: Lana
– We’re getting ready to put our home on the market in the very near future, and all I can think about is my #shovethatshiz that I need to organize and unshove.
– I’m heading to LA on Saturday evening and coming back on Monday afternoon! It’s a short trip, but I’m attending a beauty conference, and I’m SO excited to meet new brands and learn new tips and tricks. That all being said… now that I’m a mama, I have a major fear of flying. It’s all I’ve been able to think about since booking my flight a few weeks ago! The word “nervous” doesn’t even come close to how I’m feeling… I have anxiety to the point that it makes me sick to my stomach. I’ll board the plane (alone) with a full blown panic attack. I hate flying!
– I haven’t been to any concerts this year, and that makes me so sad. I love live music, and I cannot believe we haven’t been to one!
– Henry’s growing up so fast (as most kiddos do) and it breaks my heart. His little voice is even changing! He went from a rambunctious little toddler to a gentle, kind little boy. He will color for hours and hours, and he loves writing. Some of the things that he says baffles me. I feel like I’m talking to an adult at times. Each stage brings more and more joy; it gets more comfortable (and sometimes harder), and as proud as I am to watch the little boy that he’s blossoming into, it also breaks my heart! I can now see (and feel) how fast life with children goes by. I want him to stay this age forever!
– I’ve taken the book, “The Best Yes” to heart and it’s pretty much changed my mindset. In my previous years, I worked multiple jobs. I said ‘yes’ to everything and took on anything that came my way. I’m a people pleaser, and I often put what makes me happy on the backburner to make others happy. At one point in time, I completely exhausted myself (and almost my marriage). Long story short, I’ve said ‘no’ more in the year 2018 than I ever have and it’s the best feeling. Sounds harsh, but it’s an amazing feeling, but with all of those “no’s.” I’ve been able to say a whole lot of “yes’s” to my family, and I’ve even said “YES” to myself!
– Still trying to find that motivation to STICK to a workout program (or heck, just workout)! Why is this so hard?! I get on a kick, and then I’ll get busy, and I always put working out on the back burner… I’m not striving to have a six pack or thigh gap, but the energy and happiness that I have after a workout (and I won’t lie, having less of a muffin top), gives me life!
– John has fully recovered from his hernia surgery 🙂 if you follow me on Instagram, then you’re entirely aware of how that all went down (eye-roll). He also (can’t make it up) asked for a surfboard for Christmas!
– The “Henry and Santa” secret is out… my four year old finally “spilled his beans” and shared his Christmas list (on his own) with us (yes, we know it’s two months away, but we’ve got to take it while we can get it). For those of you who are new around here, last year, my son (three at the time) wouldn’t tell anyone what he asked Santa for. He would shrug his shoulders and say, “it’s a Henry and Santa secret.” He whispered in Santa’s year. When we had to make a call to Santa, he literally said, “thanks for keeping a secret Santa.” Our families tried to get the answers from him, thank God for Instagram because so many of you gave me tips to get the ‘secret’ out of him… but that child kept his lips sealed. On Christmas morning he walked downstairs and said, “Santa, this is everything I asked for.” The “Henry and Santa Secret” game lasted all of December, and it kept us all on our toes and something to laugh about. I’m a little sad he “spilled his beans” because the suspense was pretty funny! My little guy, he’s a special one!
– John and I aren’t too big on date nights (I know, I know, I know). It’s something that we’ve wanted to work on… but it’s just hard. I work weekends, he works typical Corporate America hours, so in the evenings, we just want to spend time together as a family! Over the last two weeks we slipped away for TWO date nights. We went to Kindred both nights and it was SO NICE not having to tell Olive to sit down throughout the entire dinner or playing tick-tac-toe with Henry! We got to connect, get on the same page and it’s just refreshing! I ‘get’ the date night hype and we’re going to start taking advantage of FINALLY having (well, finding) the most amazing sitter!
– Speaking of date nights… my sister gave us the best Christmas gift last year! It was a FREE WEEKEND pass for babysitting! For the first time this year we’re heading away without the kiddos! We’re heading back to Grove Park Inn, my sister and her hubby are keeping the kiddos and we’re going to enjoy two nights away! I’m so excited, y’all! TWO.FREAKING.NIGHTS away! Like I previously said, we don’t get away often and we don’t often get sitters, so this is a big deal and we’re so excited!
Anyways… that’s all I got! I wanted to also touch on my go-to for clothing, shoes, kiddos and beauty – you all know that I’m a Nordstrom Girl and I love all the new items that recently hit their site for fall and winter! I love also that they carry my favorite brand, Madewell and so many other brands like J.Crew, Topshop, etc. Always my go-to for new clothing, shoes, and beauty (kiddos too). You also can’t beat their free shipping and easy returns!
SHOP THIS POST
Photography by: Demi Mabry Photography
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit. Xo.