My: Dress | Cardigan | Hat | Sneakers | Sunglasses
It’s been awhile since I did a little coffee talk session (you can read my previous coffee talk here)!
– We’re still thinking about moving here soon! We love our home, the neighborhood and the neighbors, but ready for a change. We’d both LOVE a fixer upper! We’re thinking by spring we’ll put it on the market. We’re clueless as to what we want… we just know that we want to be in a neighborhood with trees (!!!!), good public schools, young families! Let me know if you have any favorite places in Charlotte!
– Fall makes me so happy! I love it so much… all the pumpkin spice, candles, chunky sweaters, cable knit blankets, coffee 24/7, something about listening to Mumford & Sons and the Bon Iver stations, football (in the background of course), boyfriend jeans and evening walks with a glass of red wine. Some of the things that make me so excited and remind me of fall!
– So excited to be going to a few concerts here in the coming weeks! First up, Jack Johnson, Bon Iver and then Paw Patrol Live (lol). Last time I saw Jack Johnson was 2004 in Charleston – he’s one of my faves!
– Olive is 8-1/2 months, which puts me into the deepest depression! The thought of planning her first birthday (FIRST BIRTHDAY), literally puts me in a downward spiral. I can’t believe how close we are.
December is quite crazy for us. We’ve got my birthday and Henry’s birthday, which lands on the same day. I’ve have 3 weddings and one of which is in Jackson Hole and I’m gone for about a week. Then we have Olive’s birthday and Christmas! Whew! I’ve got to figure out when I’ll throw her a little first birthday… it might have to wait until after Christmas.
– Henry’s birthday is December 7th, but it’s always SO cold so we can’t do anything outside. I’m thinking about doing a Halloween themed birthday party and pushing his birthday up to October… which would be next month! Yikes! Is that lame? It would make my life easier since December is already such a crazy month, but also nice because the kiddos can play outside. Plus, I’m a Halloween person! I’m thinking it has to happen!
– John and I are about to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary! Where does the time go?! We don’t have anything planned just yet, but I think we might sneak away to Asheville and explore the Biltmore Winery… or maybe a vineyard?! If you have any travel tips for Asheville, please share! 🙂 Looking for wedding anniversary gift ideas for year 8! Please share!
– Can’t find the motivation to workout (or time!). It’s just not in the cards right now. It’s part of who I am… running – it’s like therapy. However, some things have to give and mama is struggling right now with this four-letter-word called “TIME”! I was stressing out about when I could fit it in – it’s just not the right timing for me right now and I’ve come to accept that. Between my work schedule, limited childcare, nap schedules and not wanting to wake up at 5am, because I’m up late working! So anyways, there’s that!
– I’m forcing myself to drink 3 liters of water a day and I’ve given up Diet Cokes and limiting my iced coffee intakes. I really can’t talk about it, lol! Ok, so really… my skin has been breaking out like crazy, my nails seem brittle and I’m just trying to be healthy for the hundredth time. I have a 32 ounce water bottle that I fill up 3 times a day. Literally, will not go to bed until I’m finished.
Here’s the thing about Diet Coke… I only became obsessed during pregnancy, which is crazy! I’ve never been a soda drinker, but CRAVED it during pregnancy. Well, it then stuck with me…
– Henry has a girlfriend. Yup, the mighty age of three. He’s three months away from turning four. He’s in LOVE with this girl from school to the point that he wants to know what color of shirt she’s wearing because he wants to wear the exact same one. She’s a tomboy and the teachers say that they play so well together and never argue.
Here’s a little fall wardrobe roundup that we wore last week from Nordstrom! I’m loving these adorable little patterns and I cannot believe I got my child in a button down shirt. He’s SO PICKY (let me repeat: picky). I tried to have fun though and let him pick out a few shirts and pants online – and this is what he came up with. It will be super cute in the fall to layer with this vest… but for now, I picked my battles and he did the blue button down! 😉
I’m wearing the most adorable dress (which is so flattering, y’all) with sleeves and the cutest scoop back! It’s still warm in the Carolina’s and because of the walking that we did at the orchard, I wore my Converse (although booties would have looked 100x better).
SHOP THIS POST
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit. Thank you for supporting my blog. Xo!
Leave a Reply