– Today’s Agenda which included zero clients and a little crazy. Up by 5am, coffee, put together this blog post and answered emails. John’s upstairs working out. Henry wakes up at 6:15am and I bring him breakfast upstairs while the hubby finishes his workout. Hubby gets ready for work, I get Henry dressed, pack his backpack, get Olive up and fed. By 7am we were at Henry’s school for parent teacher conferences.
John left for work after conferences and I pack the kiddos back in the car and we’re at Target (for no reason) by 8am and at Henry’s dentist appointment by 9am. Drop Henry back at school by 11am. Had a sitter for 2 hours with Olive and managed to pack the entire family, iron, laundry, cleaned up the house and get emails done.
Back at school at 3pm to pickup my buddy. Park with the kiddos, then came home to destroy the house to turn back around and load the kids back up to go to AutoBell. Then back home for dinner.
I love having some sort of activity at 5pm (like going to AutoBell), takes their minds off the little things that might fester at their happy spirits. Somedays, it’s just going to the corner Walgreens and letting Henry look at the card section (he loves greeting cards).
– I started running again! It’s frustrating because it’s hard, hilly and I’m pushing a stroller, but it feels amazing! It’s more of a mental thing for me and gives us a reason to get outside. Olive loves being pushed. I’m thinking about a double stroller. Any recommendations? We have a BOB single jogger right now.
– I’m thrilled to have the next two weekends off from weddings! Thankful to be busy though, but in need of some family time.
– I Amazon Prime my life away! Don’t know what I would do without Prime. From baby wipes, applesauce pouches, false eyelashes (for clients), sunscreen… the list goes on and on. Oh, an on!
– Henry can’t handle when I wear my hair back in a ponytail – he calls it a ‘hair bow’. If you follow me on Snapchat then you saw his reaction last night and over the weekend. I cannot get over how many other moms can relate to this. Too funny!
– I’m testing out a new beauty products. It’s the tinted lash primer by Benefit. I’ll report back.
– Y’all, I have SO many grays and they started in my early 20’s, but now, I patches all over my head. I keep coloring my hair lighter and lighter to make them blend… but now my hair looks dry and brassy. Y’all have any good treatments?
– During Olive’s nap today I started packing for our vacation and found myself ironing my pajamas. What the whaaaaaa?!
– Will a good spray tan cover cellulite? Lol, asking for a friend? But really?
– Henry’s at the sweetest age. I love the threes. The twos were though and whew being preggo through the thick of those rough days… challenging to say the least. The 3-1/2 mark for us has been life-changing. We just click. He sleeps, he doesn’t throw tantrums, he listens and for the most part and he’s respectful. He’s so much fun to hang out with. But I see my toddler boy slowly slipping out of the toddler phase. It’s bittersweet and I love him so much!
– The term “one-piece” cannot be trusted anymore. Have y’all seen some of these “one-pieces”?!
– Olive turns 6 months on Friday and pretty much crawling, sitting up and can stand holding onto a baby-standing-toy. I thought for sure she might be a little more calm than her brother, but I’m convinced I birth little ninjas.
– What are your favorite beach towns in North Carolina? We’ve been to Bald Head Island several times and LOVEEEE it there, so something other than BHI.
– My favorite part of my day is hearing the STOMP (not pitter-patter) of Henry coming down the wood stair treads in the morning. Obviously, we hear him the minute his foot hits the first stair. Then he busts through the door to our bedroom and says, “hey, guys, I slept through the night!”. I don’t want these days to end!
– Can I have one free pass for oversharing on social media while we’re on vacation?
– Henry’s excitement building up to our beach family vacation is just the cutest. He’s been counting down and it’s all he talks about. He’s so excited to see his buddy, Tanner the Turtle.
– My mind never stops. Maybe that’s the entrepreneurial spirit? I used to be SO good at relaxing and watching a movie without looking at my phone… now I’m like a toddler in the Target toy aisle.
– We let Henry watch Home Alone and he loves it. He calls the movie, ‘Kevin’. He knows so many of the lines and it’s too funny, “I know that you’re in there and that you’re home alone”… I’m sure I’m getting eye rolls because they say, “jerks” and some other questionable language, but we’ve been upfront with him on good vs. bad words and he knows not to say the bad words… in fact he covers his ears and says, “I didn’t hear that”, when they say a bad word
– Babies don’t keep. Quite literally. And it makes me so sad.
– Henry and I have a secret handshake when I drop him off at school in the morning. In fact we have a routine. We hang the backpack up, wash hands and he writes his name. He then takes me to the door and I kneel down to his level and we do 2 kisses, 2 hugs, 2 fist pumps, 2 waves, high-five and low-five. He shuts the door and then looks behind one last time and we do a little wink from the window.
– Three favorite songs: 1) Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt 2) Despacito by Justin Bieber 3) Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay
SHOP THIS POST
**This post was sponsored by Nordstrom. All products, opinions and content are of my own. Thank you so very much for supporting brands that support my blog, so that I can share this creative content with you. Your support means so much!**