Recently Tarte released their DIY Brow Detailing Pen and this type of brow product is totally new to me and I LOVE it! I will admit, a “pen” at first gave me all the hesitations… I personally like a softer brow, yet defined. So when I heard, “pen” I immediately thought of a very precise and bold brow and I was more than surprised when I was sent this product to test by Tarte a few months ago to review… and I’ve been using it on repeat since August.
What makes this product so different from a typical pencil, pomade and powder brow? First off it’s a pin and has a softer application turnout. Sometimes with pencils I can go a little too bold and then theres not turning back.
The way the brush has been designed is to make it easier for the user to create hair-like strokes and if you’ve watched my makeup tutorials or have sat in a lesson of mine you know I always strive to create the soft flicks that mimic hair-like strokes. I love that it’s 24-hour and waterproof and it really tints the existing hair. Tea tree oil and vitamin E help to condition the hair and there’s a spoolie comb to brush through the brow before the application and post application!
One of the big reasons as to why I love this product is before it’s perfect for people who have thinning, sparse brows, but also great to fill in the gaps for those who have full brows.
Tarte has extended their 15% off code for my followers – use LINDSEY15 at checkout to save 15% off most products!
For reference I use color Taupe.
COST OF DIY BROW PEN
Each pen is $21, but you can save 15% with my personalized code which makes the pen $17.85.
My code to saves is LINDSEY15
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
• Microblading brush tip softly flicks on hair-like strokes
• Multi-length bristles mimic the look of real hair
• Tints & fills sparse areas for a fuller & defined brows
• 24-hour waterproof, sweatproof & smudge-proof wear
• Hair-conditioning thanks to tea tree oil & vitamin E
• Included spoolie combs brows pre & post application
• Shake pen to activate the microblading liquid
HOW TO USE
• Shake for 10 seconds to activate microblading liquid
• Comb through brows with included spoolie
• Flick on hair-like strokes with the microblading BRUSH tip
• Turn pen on its side to fill in & define
Thank you to Tarte for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand and ones that I support and perform.
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and everyone of you. Xo.