One of my favorite (and easy!) ways to transition makeup from the hot months of summer to the colder months of fall and winter is to change up your lipstick by simply going deeper. I LOVE a good red – not only on your lips, but nail too.
I know an intense red lipstick isn’t something you’re going to wear every single day, so can be hard to justify a $20+ price for one tube that you’ll wear a few times a year or during special occasions. Over the past month I’ve researched, tested and in this post I’ve rounded up my favorite shades of red at drugstore prices – all under $8. I wanted to provide you all with an array of finishes so I’ve tested a different sheens from satin, high-gloss, matte and cream. All of these tubes and shades have been purchased from Walmart!
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss | color “Fatal Apple”: Love this lipgloss, and at $6, you really can’t go wrong. It’s a non-sticky, silky lip gloss that provides intense moisture, boosts hydration, plumps limps, and delivers beautiful shine. I love using this alone, but you can also add a coat over your favorite lipstick.
2. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Shine Lipstick | “Enamel Red”: I’ve talked about this lipstick before, and it’s one that I love and only $7. It’s a beautiful, soft, shine with an ultra-rich color and a glossy/radiant finish. Extremely comfortable on the lips.
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick Matte Collection | “Kiss of Life: This is one of my favorite drugstore matte lipsticks. I will say, I don’t often wear matte or long-wear on my lips, but I have tried this out and multiple long-wear lipsticks out so I could provide a review. This lipstick offers extremely high-intensity for up to 8 hours. It’s smooth with a creamy texture (which is what I like about it) and extremely comfortable to wear. At $4 you can’t go wrong!
4. L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Original Satin Lipstick | color ” True Red”: Love this lipstick and have it in a variety of colors. Rich in color and nourishing ingredients like Omega 3 and Vitamin E, Argan Oil, which all help to condition and soften the lips. The color payoff is bold and another lipstick under $6.
5. Maybelline Color Sensational Made For Al Lipstick | color “Ruby for Me”: This lipstick is in a satin finish and matte formulas with honey nectar, which leaves your lips with a smooth and comfortable feel. Their big hype behind this lipstick is that it has been tested on 50 diverse skin tones, and all shades are supposed to flatter all skin shades. At less than $5 this lipstick is a must, and the color “Ruby for Me” is beautiful for the fall and winter season.
6. Covergirl Melting Pout Vinyl Vow | “Keep it Going”: This is a gloss for those who like that high-impact shine (me!) and want a boost of hydration (me!). I love this formula, and they offer a wide range of colors. Less than $8.
7. Covergirl Exhibitionist Cream Lipstick | color “Seduce me Scarlette”: Another great lipstick and what I love about this – it doesn’t bleed into the fine lines around your lips. It’s infused with shea butter and although it’s not a “long-wear” lipstick, it does stay in place for an extended period. Less than $6.
SHOP THIS POST
Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand, my style and my family.
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.