Finding the best drugstore dupes to high-end makeup products has quickly become a hobby. I’m always amazed by the quality and wearability of some of these drugstore makeup dupes. I’m a firm believer that there’s a product for everyone. And everyone is in different stages of their makeup game, and what they’re willing to spend on products. When I launched my makeup lessons a few years ago, I wanted to really educate myself on products at every price-point. As a professional makeup artist, most of my kid is filled with higher-end products, but my eyes have been opened up to the amazing world of drugstore beauty. I wanted to educate myself in every area of makeup to provide my clients with the best options at all price points.
I don’t think expensive makeup is necessarily better than drugstore. And I certainly believe there are areas you can scale back rather than splurging. For instance – a brow pencil is a brow pencil. While I love a good $21 brow pencil, the $6 alternative that I’ve included works better than I ever imagined. I’ve had so much fun researching, trying, and providing alternatives and honest feedback on makeup products that don’t break the bank entirely.
Anyways, I’m sure there are a million different dupes, but these are a few that I have found to be pretty close dupes!
Hope you enjoy this post! Thanks for stopping by!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
1. Milani Baked Blush: I’ve talked about this Milani blush for some time as well! It’s richly pigmented and highly buildable, the beautiful matte and shimmery shades have a touch of radiance that adds a bit of a glow – nothing too overwhelming though. Color: Rose D’oro – it’s a close dupe to NARS, “Orgs@m” blush and very similar finish as MAC Mineralize Blush.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder: Truth – I was (still love it) a Coty Airspun drugstore powder girl, until I tried the Fit Me Loose powder which is available in 8 shades, which is a lot for a setting powder. This powder is incredibly finely milled and very similar to the Laura Mercier and the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Powder. It controls oils, while blurring pores. Minimal settling into creases. I have oily skin and this powder kept me matte for hours. Ten thumbs up!
3. NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil: This pencil blows my mind as it’s SO similar to the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Precision pointed tip, so it makes it really easy to create those hairlike strokes.
4. Maybelline New York Fit Me Concealer: This is a dupe that is so similar to Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Away Concealer and NARS Radiant Cream Concealer. It’s oil-free, yet creamy finish just like NARS Radiant Cream with a slight hint of radiance. It’s a natural coverage concealer and super lightweight for the summer.
5. MILANI Silky Matte Bronzing Powder: This is such a similar dupe to the Tom Ford bronzer (which I think is one of the most beautiful bronzers). This bronzer by Milani is such a beauty for the price point. It’s a light brown with a subtle golden undertone and a matte finish that doesn’t go chalky. I would call it more of a demi-matte finish. It has rich color payoff and intensity but doesn’t look harsh on the skin. Incredibly smooth and velvety! Can’t recommend this one enough!
6. Milani Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Plumper: I’ve posted about these many of times in the past. I love them. I don’t think they perform like a lip plumper; however, I do believe they fill over fine lines on the lips! I LOVE the gloss and colors! I have three different; Prismatic Peach, Soft Rose, Rosewood, and Blush.
7. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara: Here’s a dupe for all of you Better Than Sex mascara lovers/ users out there. I cannot believe this dupe/ comparison! L’Oreal hit the mark here, and it’s a close match. Voluptuous volume and length and the soft wavy bristle brush hold maximum formula for a dramatic volumizing charge. 200+ bristles catch every lash for a full fringe effect. Available in waterproof too!
8. NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray: This reminds me so much of the Kat Von D’s Lock It Up Spray. If your makeup needs to last from sun up to sun down this makeup spray is for you. Or if you prefer that matte finish over a dewy finish – this product is for you!
9. ELF Poreless Putty Primer: Impressed by this primer as well and it’s a close dupe to the Tatcha Silk Canvas. This $8 primer by ELF will help grip and hold onto makeup for all day wear. It’s a velvety, silky, texture and smoothes the surface of the skin and preps for a beautiful foundation application.
10. NYX Professional Makeup Dark Circle Concealer: This is a very close comparison to Becca’s undereye brighter. This is a corrector, so I like to use it under my concealer, but a lot of gals use this as their concealer. It has a subtle hint of orange which counteracts the appearance of dark circles. This product is infused with coconut oil, which provides intense moisture so that caking and creasing will be avoided.
11. NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil – Skin Perfecting Primer: So similar in texture to the ever so popular Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It’s a beautiful and hydrating primer that is so lightweight on the skin. This primer minimizes shin and oils, but still allows a little glow to come through!
12. Maybelline Superstay 24HR Foundation: I’ve talked about this foundation before, and I truly LOVE it! It honestly really reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation and the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – it’s a natural, matte finish and has a demi glow effect without a harsh dewy look. It doesn’t separate on my skin – a lot of foundations around the 5-hour mark I’ll find myself using oil blotter sheets or dabbing up the excess with a beauty blender, and that’s not needed with this foundation. There’s a reason this was the overall winner of the Allure Best in Beauty Away in 2019! Although, this foundation is classified as “full coverage,” it feels unbelievably light on the skin, and my personal favorite is that the formula is designed to minimize skin imperfections and it does just that.
For: Oily skin and combination skin |Coverage: Full coverage
13. E.L.F. Poreless Face Primer: I love this primer, and it’s perfect for summertime. We all love that glowy, sunkissed look; however, if I start my day off too dewy, I’ll look like an oily mess by 3 pm. I love this multi-purpose primer that helps prep your skin, so makeup goes on evenly for a long-lasting matte finish. It has a unique formula which helps reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, fine lines, and shine also helps minimize redness and unwanted undertones. It’s a weightless, silky formula for all skin types. It’s infused with Tea Tree, and Vitamins A & E to help keep skin looking youthful.
All of these purchases were made from Walmart – online and in store. They have an amazing beauty section with not only drugstore prices, but they always seem to have products in stock! I think my next Walmart/ Drugstore beauty post will be all about affordable accessories for the beauty room (or your makeup counter!) I have recently purchased a cosmetic mirror and bag that I absolutely love!
FAVORITE DRUGSTORE DUPES
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.
Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand, my style and my family.
Leave a Reply