This post has been a work in progress, and I wanted to really take the time to dedicate researching and testing out several foundations in different weather elements before publishing this post. I often talk about how passionate I am with finding the perfect foundation and concealer. The truth is, I’m not a spring chicken, and as I approach my 37th year, there’s more ‘settling into the fine lines and creases’ so it’s important to me that I stay on top of my foundations.
I’ve rounded up my Best Of Drugstore Foundations, and during this process, I’ve found that there are a TON of really drugstore foundations. There are so many new foundations on the market, and several of the ‘classics’ have been reformulated and re-branded. All skin is not the same, and each and everybody has their own skin needs and desires, but I’ve provided a great list of sheer to full coverage foundations and I hope you all enjoy! All of these foundations can be found at Walmart, and they’re all under $12!
1. Revlon Color Stay Makeup For Normal/Dry Skin: This is a great demi-matte foundation for all skin types. This foundation is long wearing, formulated with hyaluronic acid for extra hydration and has SPF 15, but maintains a natural finish throughout the day! This foundaiton states it’s great for oily and combination skin, but I used/ texte this over the winter months when my skin was incredbly dry and this foundaiton sit beautifully and comfortable on my skin. The hyaluronic acid helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin, giving your skin a natural glowy and hydrated look without dry and cakey!
For: All skin types (in my opinion)
Coverage: Medium to full coverage
2.Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation: This matte, medium coverage foundation has a beautiful coverage with a flawless finish. It looks fantastic on and off camera (no flashback “ghost face” in pictures) and in all lighting scenarios. This is by far the most well-priced foundation for the quality, coverage, and longevity that is on the market. This foundation is perfect for those who have normal to oily skin. It’s matte but doesn’t sink beneath those fine lines, creases, and pores illuminating flaws. It’s created as medium coverage, but you can build the coverage to a full coverage foundation. Also, this foundation left my skin smooth in texture!
For: Normal to oily skin
Coverage: Medium coverage, but buildable to full coverage.
3. L’ORÉAL Infallible Pro-Glow 24HR Foundation:This is the same foundation as above but designed to give skin a hydrating, glowy, dewy skin look – so great for dry, normal and mature skin. This is the foundation favored by SO many on the internet and Instagram. It provides a youthful glow, medium coverage, and the longevity of this product is incredible! Lasts for hours and it’s known for its 24-hour coverage. It has SPF15 too! It’s hard to find an illuminating foundation that actually hides skins imperfections and provides a clear looking complexion, and this one just leaves the skin looking flawless with a glow!
For: Dry, normal and mature skin
Coverage: Medium coverage with a glowy finish
4. Maybelline Superstay 24HR Foundation: I’ve talked about this foundation before, and I truly LOVE it! It honestly really reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation – it’s a natural, matte finish and has a demi glow effect without a harsh dewy look. It doesn’t separate on my skin – a lot of foundations around the 5-hour mark I’ll find myself using oil blotter sheets or dabbing up the excess with a beauty blender, and that’s not needed with this foundation. There’s a reason this was the overall winner of the Allure Best in Beauty Away in 2019! Although, this foundation is classified as “full coverage,” it feels unbelievably light on the skin, and my personal favorite is that the formula is designed to minimize skin imperfections and it does just that.
For: Oily skin and combination skin
Coverage: Full coverage
5. Covergirl TruBlend Matte Made Liquid Foundation:I think this is a great dupe to Estee Lauder Double Wear! I love this foundation because it provides the most diverse range of colors on the market (40 total). This is another matte foundation. It sits incredibly light on the skin, and it doesn’t emphasize the fine lines of the face or give you that dry feeling, in fact, this foundation has blurring capibilities. I love how it controls oils and minimizes the pores around my t-zone. The staying power on this foundation is unreal! They refer to it as ‘transfer-proof.’
For: Normal to oily skin
Coverage: Medium to full coverage
6. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: I was so hesitant on this foundation, and I’m not sure why. This is such a great due to Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation and Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation. If you have oily skin or if you wear skincare products that leave your skin with oils that are hard to control this foundation is for you. This is a full coverage foundation with a mattifying formula similar to Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation. This foundation will not separate as your oils continue to develop throughout the day. In fact, the formulation that makes up this foundation was created so your natural oils blend seamlessly with the foundation as the day goes on. Resists sweat, heat and humidity – perfect for the warmer months.
For: Oily skin
Coverage: Medium coverage
7. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Foundation: I wanted to include a foundation that gives more of coverage between a tinted moisturizer (which doesn’t have much coverage) and a BB/CC cream. This is wonderful and feels so incredibly hydrating and lightweight on the skin. It glides on effortlessly and gives a smooth, light, coverage with SPF20 and a beautiful luminosity! If you’re the less is more girl, this is for you!
For: All skin types, sun protection, anti-aging
Coverage: Sheer to medium coverage
8. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear Foundation: L’Oreal’s foundations really are unreal! This one is a gorgeous medium to full coverage foundation (easy to blend and build) and long-wearing, and it’s suitable for all skin types. If you’re someone who doesn’t like to buy a foundation from season to season – this foundation is for you! It has a fresh, lightweight feeling on the skin even though it’s a full-coverage, 24-hour wear! I loved that it gave a hydrated skin finish without looking glowy and highlighted.
For: All skin types
Coverage: Medium to full coverage – easy to build
SHOP THE FOUNDATIONS
SHOP MY FAVORITE AFFORDABLE MAKEUP
SHOP MY FAVORITE AFFORDABLE BRUSHES
Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand, my style and my family.
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.