I should start by saying, I am not a dentist or a dental hygienist. This is just what works for me. As most of you know, I sip coffee all day long and I have since I graduated college back in 2003. My teeth have seen some serious stains over the years, but this list of products is what has worked for me!
I’ve done a really good job of switching over my deodorant, body wash, lotion, detergent, dryer sheets, etc. to a more natural method, however, when it comes to my teeth this product lineup is the only thing that works. I will note, I’ve used whitening trays from the dentist in the past and I couldn’t handle the sensitivity. I’ve also tried a more natural method called “pulling” with coconut oil, however, I cannot stand the taste of coconut, so that didn’t last long.
A M A Z O N F A V O R I T E S
- Oral-B Glide 3D White Floss – I’ve been using this floss for years! It helps prevent surface stains between teeth by removing plaque which can lead to unsightly tartar.
- Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean Rechargeable Toothbrush – I just personally prefer an electric toothbrush (I feel like it cleans better). This toothbrush has customizable controls for clean, whiten and gum care. After every brush, it feels like I’ve been to the dentist. Love that clean feeling!
- Colgate Optic White High Impact Toothpaste – This is the toothpaste that I use both morning and night. It’s known for making teeth four shades visibly whiter teeth when brushing twice daily for six weeks. For me, it keeps the coffee stains away! It tastes really fresh, freshens your breath and whitens your teeth. On occasion, I will use a toothpaste made for sensitivity, but 95% of the time, I’m suing Colgate Optic White.
- Colgate Optic White Mouthwash – I use this in the evening before brushing my teeth. In all honesty, I have no idea if this mouthwash really works to whiten my teeth, BUT I love coffee and red wine and there was this time in my life where I couldn’t put down the Diet Coke… so I did everything that I could to get my teeth to sparkle. This mouthwash is foamy and it just feels like it’s really cleaning my teeth. I like how it foams, especially before brushing my teeth. All in all, it makes my mouth feel fresh!
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Sensitive – I have extremely sensitive teeth, so I only use these once a week for 20 minutes max (disclaimer: when I first started using whitestips I used them more frequently). I’ve never experienced sensitivity on my teeth or gums, while using these whitestrips – the only ones I can tolerate. I’ve been using this brand for years and I’ve never had any issues. They whiten my teeth evenly and the strip is sturdy so they don’t roll up or wrinkle. Make sure to follow the directions on the back of the box for best results.