Another addition of coffee talk… which has quickly become my favorite blog topic!
– I had the pleasure of speaking on a panel with four other mama-entrepenuesrs here in Charlotte that Charlotte Lately hosted last week. I felt so flattered and humbled to have been asked (although, my speaking skills are questionable), it took me out of my comfort zone and challenged me. I left that evening feeling so motivated and inspired. I spoke with so many other mama’s that attended the event who felt the exact same way. The majority of the women who attended were moms (or hopeful to one day be mothers) that simply were chasing their dreams while putting their families in the forefront. It was just so inspiring to hear how other women manage the hurdles of owning their own gig, juggling work and family. It was so good! ….“don’t stop until you’re proud”.
– This quote is everything! “Being responsible for someone’s childhood is a big deal. We not only create our own memories, but we create our child’s memories.” – Rachel Macy Stafford
– On Monday I was attacked by fire ants and I had a pretty rough allergic reaction. I ended up at Urgent Care and my leg was so swollen I couldn’t even wear sneakers. I ran a high fever and became rather sick. In addition to the ants (lol, just sounds funny!), for the past 2-1/2 weeks I’ve had something weird going on with my ear. It has swelled shut, severe pain, cannot hear out or chew on the right side of my mouth because of the pain and pressure was so intense . While I was at Urgent Care on Tuesday, they took a culture of my ear… on Friday late afternoon, they called and said I needed to follow up with my primary care doctor ASAP. By that point I was in so much pain and the pressure was unbearable. I still couldn’t hear out of my right ear and it was completely swollen shut. I ended up going to the ER after putting the kids to bed on Friday. Come to find out, I have an exterior ear infection and because I went too long without treatment, I spread to my lymph nodes. From my jawline, up to my ear, it’s completely swollen and puffy! I basically had a wick/ tube that they had to put into my ear in order to even get drops in there. Is this 35?!
– Today is Monday, which means I’ll start a diet and workout plan (lol)… and then probably fail by 3pm! I’m really just going to try to eat healthy and workout when I can!
– Olive is officially crazier than Henry! Which blows my mind, because Henry was insane as a baby! She runs, literally runs! Could care less about toys… give the girl a wooden spoon and a paper bag to eat! But man is she sweet! We’ll have to wait until she turns 15 months to compare the two and their antics… because at 15 months Henry started flipping head first, out of his crib with a sleep sack on.
– Current favorite coffee: misto, which just means coffee with steamed milk. I order a grande misto with almond milk, 1 pump of pumpkin spice (33 calories, 5 grams of sugar, 5 carbs), with cinnamon on top. It’s pretty low calorie and still gives you a taste of pumpkin!
– Nothing gets under my skin more than smacking gum and obnoxiously chewing food and crunching chips! I literally can’t! When Henry crunches his veggie straws, I think it’s the cutest sound ever!
– Have you ever thought about how many summers you have with your children before Kindergarten starts? Or before you send them off to college. Yea, don’t let your mind go there!
– Lost as to where I should take my blog?
More personal posts? Images of my kiddos? What’s in my closet? Makeup and hair posts?
– I’m so excited for Halloween! We’re having some neighbors over for a little trick-or-treat pre-game…. chili, beer, bounce house, s’mores! Trying to decide how decked out I want to make it! Honestly, I really want to make a mini haunted house for the kiddos!
– The Bon Iver or Mumford and Sons stations are my favorite to listen to this time of the year! Love chill music around fall! Am I the only one?
– This little guy… just cracks me up! So much personality! He still freaks out if my hair is pulled back in a ponytail (or as he calls it, “a hair bow”). Like freaks out! Even if I’m washing my face and I have it pulled away from my face, he’ll stand there, by my side until I’m finished washing my face and he’ll remind me 500 times, that I need to take my hair down. Friends crack up! He’ll come into our room when he wakes up, he’ll walk to my side of the bed and ask me to take my hair out of a “hair bow”!
SHOP THIS POST
I’m having fun with fall wardrobe and loving our outfits from Nordstrom’s (you guessed it!). I can’t stop the Nordstrom addiction, but I’ll say it again… the fast, free shipping and easy returns make it worth it! These jeans are true to size and SO FLATTERING! I could not believe how they lengthened my legs! I’m in love with these chunky block heel, Vince Camuto booties! I wore them the other day with this pleated skirt! Obsessed with this off-the-shoulder sweater, so cozy and lightweight!
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit. Thank you for supporting brands that I believe in and that support my blog. Xo.