As the seasons change, it might be time for a fall refresh in your makeup, wardrobe, or home decor! Look no further than Walmart for affordable, on-trend items to freshen up your makeup routine & fashion for fall. The weather in Charlotte has made a quick jump to cooler temps, so my heart is in the fall spirit- bring on the pumpkin spice, halloween candy, and earth tones for fall!
1. Maybelline Lasting Drama Matte Eyeliner: I love adding a touch of a jewel tone (my go-to color is green) into the outer corner of my eyes. It just warms the look and enhances the eye. If you go to my highlight reel on my Instagram page, you can watch the saved video labeled, “Fall Makeup” and last year I demonstrated how to use a similar green eyeliner. This $4 eyeliner is fantastic! Right and intense with a creamy matte finish. It reminds me of the Stila waterproof eyeliner that I’ve talked about.
2. Revlon Color Stay Makeup For Normal/Dry Skin: This is a great demi-matte foundation for all skin types. This foundation is long wearing, formulated with hyaluronic acid for extra hydration and has SPF 15, but maintains a natural finish throughout the day! This foundaiton states it’s great for oily and combination skin, but I used/ texte this over the winter months when my skin was incredbly dry and this foundaiton sit beautifully and comfortable on my skin. The hyaluronic acid helps to attract and retain moisture in the skin, giving your skin a natural glowy and hydrated look without dry and cakey!
3. NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator: In the dry winter months, your skin can begin to appear dry and dull. This lightweight illuminator can be used for a dewy, natural glow year round. You can use this as a base for your foundation or over your cheekbones and decolletage for a little shimmer for more special occasions.
4. Maybelline Superstay 24HR Foundation: I’ve talked about this foundation before, and I truly LOVE it! It honestly really reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation and the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation – it’s a natural, matte finish and has a demi glow effect without a harsh dewy look. It doesn’t separate on my skin – a lot of foundations around the 5-hour mark I’ll find myself using oil blotter sheets or dabbing up the excess with a beauty blender, and that’s not needed with this foundation. There’s a reason this was the overall winner of the Allure Best in Beauty Away in 2019! Although, this foundation is classified as “full coverage,” it feels unbelievably light on the skin, and my personal favorite is that the formula is designed to minimize skin imperfections and it does just that.
5. E.L.F. Poreless Face Primer: We all love that glowy, sunkissed look; however, if I start my day off too dewy, I’ll look like an oily mess by 3 pm. I love this multi-purpose primer that helps prep your skin, so makeup goes on evenly for a long-lasting matte finish. It has a unique formula which helps reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, fine lines, and shine also helps minimize redness and unwanted undertones. It’s a weightless, silky formula for all skin types. It’s infused with Tea Tree, and Vitamins A & E to help keep skin looking youthful.
6. NYX Professional Makeup Angel Veil – Skin Perfecting Primer: So similar in texture to the ever so popular Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It’s a beautiful and hydrating primer that is so lightweight on the skin. This primer minimizes shin and oils, but still allows a little glow to come through!
9. Rimmel Magnif’eyes Eyeshadow Palette: This gorgeous eyeshadow Palette is a mix of 12 high-shimmer and matte shades, perfect for sculpting, shading and defining. The smooth, blendable formula delivers rich, intense & long-lasting color. This palette is crease-proof, smear-proof & wears all day. I love a bronzed eye in the summer, but I also love a soft, rosy palette too and that’s why I’ve included both.
10. NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil: This pencil blows my mind as it’s SO similar to the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Precision pointed tip, so it makes it really easy to create those hairlike strokes.
11. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara: Here’s a dupe for all of you Better Than Sex mascara lovers/ users out there. I cannot believe this dupe/ comparison! L’Oreal hit the mark here, and it’s a close match. Voluptuous volume and length and the soft wavy bristle brush hold maximum formula for a dramatic volumizing charge. 200+ bristles catch every lash for a full fringe effect. Available in waterproof too!
12. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Original Satin Lipstick: Love this lipstick and have it in a variety of colors. Rich in color and nourishing ingredients like Omega 3 and Vitamin E, Argan Oil, which all help to condition and soften the lips. The color payoff is bold and another lipstick under $6.
13. Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick Matte Collection | “Kiss of Life: This is one of my favorite drugstore matte lipsticks. I will say, I don’t often wear matte or long-wear on my lips, but I have tried this out and multiple long-wear lipsticks out so I could provide a review. This lipstick offers extremely high-intensity for up to 8 hours. It’s smooth with a creamy texture (which is what I like about it) and extremely comfortable to wear.
14. Maybelline New York The 24K Nudes Eyeshadow: I love warming up my shadows in the cozy months. Simply add browns, golds, plums, and jewel tones. I love a good olive green on the eye. The shadow colors blend beautifully, but you will have to build as the payoff is pretty light – so just add a little more than normal.
15/16. Essie Nail Polish (From Left: Berry Naughty/Swing of Things/Adrenaline Rush): If you have been following me for a while, you know I LOVE red nails for fall and winter. Adrenaline Rush is the perfect pop of red for your fall and holiday self care routine. I also love Berry Naughty and Swing of Things for a deep berry nail color.
17. Milani Keep It Full Lipgloss: This has always been a go to and a product that I’ve raved about. I don’t use it because of the plumping effect – in fact, I don’t think it really plumps at all. I LOVE it as a lipgloss. It’s nourshing, it’s not sticky and the colors are just gorgeous!
18. Real Techniques Everyday Essentials Brush Set: If you need a makeup brush refresh, this is a great set! Everything you need for foundation, concealer, blush, highlighter, and shadow, plus a makeup sponge, all for under $20.
19. Milani Baked Blush: I’ve talked about this Milani blush for some time as well! It’s richly pigmented and highly buildable, the beautiful matte and shimmery shades have a touch of radiance that adds a bit of a glow – nothing too overwhelming though. Color: Rose D’oro.
FALL HOME & FASHION
Fall decor brings warmth and comfort to your home as the temperatures drop- I am so ready to snuggle with a blanket by the fire & a pumpkin spice latte (this set of 3 coffee mugs would be perfect for fall mornings on our new porch)! You know I love all things rattan, so these woven baskets were a quick “add to cart” moment. This cute round basket with tassels would be adorable for a kid’s playroom! For your outdoor fall decor, add a fall wreath, gold lantern, and doormat to bring warmth to your front door & welcome people to your home.
Walmart has SO many cute fall fashion finds this year- I especially love these white sneakers with a little leopard accent. They are such a great alternative to the more expensive fashion sneaker brands and they are under $20! Add a flowy midi dress, faux suede jacket, and rattan earrings and you are good to go! Or you could dress up the look with booties and a statement handbag.
FOR THE KIDDOS
Walmart has so many cute fall fashion options for the kiddos- I wish they had this denim jumper in my size! It is adorable paired with a ruffle turtleneck sweater and neutral bow– this would be so cute for fall family photos! Of course I had to include Oli’s new obsession- her tap shoes!! For the boys, I love this sherpa vest with a solid long sleeve t-shirt (this set of 3 is under $15!) and jeans!
For the kiddos who are running out of activities at home, I included two of our favorite games- Yeti In My Spaghetti is a super fun game- think a 2020 version of Pick Up Sticks- and Kids on Stage, an early childhood version of charades! This game prompts kids to use their imagination & practice their acting skills! We just started working with Henry on an allowance system for his daily chores, so this Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Chores book is a great introduction to chores and working as a family to keep the house clean and take care of your belongings.
Affiliate links are used in this post & at times results in a small profit – your support has allowed me to share my dream and I’m beyond grateful to each and every one of you. Xo.
Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post and thank you all for supporting my blog. All products, content, ideas, purchases and reviews are of my own. Although, this post was a partnership, I was given the freedom to share the products that fit my brand, my style and my family.